Friday, January 26, 2007

My First Blog & My Newest Adventures

Wednesday, 24 January 2007

Okay, here goes...I'm going to do it! I have been inspired to start my own blog! I often skim the internet , uncovering a blog or two here or there, pouring over all the "sneak peeks" before the trade shows, I even have a couple friends who blog daily, but I forget to check in on a regular basis. So, am I cut-out to be a blogger? Will I remember to write on a consistent basis? Will I have anything useful to say? ...I guess we'll find out! LOL!
I am the co-founder of a new magazine, Scrapbook Dimensions, that will be released soon in a free e-mail version (this issue only) and will go to bi-monthly, hard copy issues with the next issue. Writing has always been a passion of mine and I am excited to be writing and designing once again! When I think back I have always been on this path, even though I detoured a few times along the way. I worked in a printing company right out of high school, went on to work as a copy editor for a catalog company, an associate editor of a model railroad magazine, then as editor of an on-line e-zine...and now writing for Scrapbook Dimensions and working toward authoring my very own book! I feel so many emotions......nervousness - will I find a publisher?, excited anticipation - I believe in this book so strongly; I know the market is there! and a joyous burst of energy - my passion fully recognized gives me such a sense of happiness that I can hardly contain myself!

No comments: